We are a K-5 free, public charter school preparing today’s students for tomorrow’s careers. Our exceptional teachers provide 90 minutes of dynamic instruction for reading, math, and science every day. Here’s what else we do at Indy STEAM:
1) Our mission is a promise — to students, parents, and the community. Indy STEAM Academy nurtures the academic and creative talents of students through the integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics. We build a strong literacy foundation to ensure all students achieve, and are prepared for high school, college, and careers in a 21st century global STEM workforce.
2) Our highly-qualified teachers are certified by the State of Indiana and participate in professional development throughout the school year. Our talented staff provides a high-quality STEAM education for every student — including students from low-income families, underserved minority students, and underrepresented students like girls.
3) We raise awareness of STEM careers by creating unique opportunities like: job shadowing, Junior Internships, and touring colleges and universities. We also visit STEM industries and science museums.
4) Our core values are our moral compass and represent the foundation for everything we do at Indy STEAM Academy. Building strong character is fundamental to creating a positive learning environment. Our core values include these six pillars: Trust, Respect, Responsibility, Fairness, Caring and Citizenship.
5) STEAM is an acronym for Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts and Mathematics. Our students create solutions to real world problems and challenges. Through our STEAM instructional model, our students lead engineering design and the science inquiry processes. Our students investigate, plan, problem-solve, create, evaluate, reflect, and retool.
6) STEAM activities connect in-school learning with real-life. By developing the “whole” child, Indy STEAM students build practical application skills while also experiencing the joy of expressing themselves through music, drama, dance, and the visual arts.
7) We intentionally offer a longer school year and a longer school day. Our students attend school 185 days each year which is five additional days compared to traditional public schools. Our Indy STEAM K-5 children engage in seven hours of instruction each day which is 370 more hours or 52 more days of instruction compared to traditional public schools!
8) Our smaller class sizes of 15-20 students means our students receive more personalized attention and assistance with their learning journey. Our small K-5 school is close-knit; with a positive school climate and culture.
9) At Indy STEAM, our students actively learn computer science skills, explore engineering by building things and creating objects, and enjoy STEM competitions like robotics, Lego, and coding. We use iPads and Chromebooks, and our students grow with 60 minutes of extra help during the school day to ensure their success in reading and math.
10) Students participate in a variety of fun and engaging activities after school including athletics, dance, drama, playing musical instruments, coding, Lego, and Robotics.
Learning is fun! Our students actively engage with STEAM learning and challenges; they are critical thinkers, innovators, and problem-solvers. Indy STEAM students learn by doing – with hands-on science experiments and engineering projects that create dynamic solutions to real-world problems. Enrolling now…K-5 tuition-free. Join us!
About Indy STEAM
The mission of Indianapolis (Indy) STEAM Academy is to nurture the academic and creative talents of students through the integration of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics. We build a strong literacy foundation to ensure the achievement of all students and prepare them for high school, college, and careers in a 21st century global workforce. #weareIndySTEAM #chooseIndySTEAM #IndySTEAMAcademy Enrolling K-5 now!